Terms & Conditions
The Availability of our Supplied Goods
- Sunglasses.ie products are kept in stock however as we ship large numbers of products, some may be out of stock for a short length of time. If any item is suddenly discontinued or not available we will notify you by phone or email to arrange an alternative model or a refund. All goods advertised for sale on Sunglasses.ie are subject to availability.
- Sunglasses.ie will not charge you for goods that we cannot supply. If goods are ordered electronically and the item is later found to be unavailable we will refund any monies paid within 28 days of the order. However we will not be responsible for any damage or losses that you may suffer if we fail to supply goods.
- We have attempted to display the goods on the website as accurately as possible.
Designer Prescription Glasses
- We stock a large range of designer spectacles at our laboratory, however, occasionally some frames are out of stock and on rare occasions can take up to 4 weeks for delivery. Should this situation arise when your order comes through we will contact you immediately to advise you of the quoted delivery time or to arrange delivery of an alternative model or we will refund your monies paid if no solution can be reached.
- Occasionally some frame models or colours of a certain model may be discontinued without any prior notice to ourselves. We always endeavour to supply the frame ordered but these situations can arise. Should this happen with your order we will contact you by email or phone to arrange an alternative colour or model or if no solution can be reached a refund will be given. Please allow 7-14 working days for all designer glasses and sunglasses but in the rare instance for any of the above reasons please allow up to 30 days.
- Rimless Prescription Glasses are prone to fracture and breakages. Please note that unless rimless glasses are ordered with High Index lenses, which are tougher, they will not be covered under any warranty claims if ordinary CR39 plastic lenses (1.5 index) are ordered. Rimless glasses ordered and supplied with high index lenses will carry a full 12 months warranty against any manufacturing defects.
- Prescription orders are customised for you and may take a few weeks to manufacture. Such orders cannot be returned for an exchange or refund.
Designer Prescription Sunglasses
- Sunglasses.ie does not refund any costs of designer prescription sunglasses as these are bespoke personal items.
- No refund of any postal charges are liable by Sunglasses.ie unless a manufacturers, glazing or general defect is found.
- If after placing an order for designer prescription sunglasses the customer's prescription is found not be suitable for the sunglasses in question we will contact you by email, telephone or text to advise that the order is not suitable for specialist glazing. We will offer you an alternative frame or lens and advise you if there any additional costs. A full refund will be offered if this is not suitable.
- Should our customers wish to try any designer sunglasses by approval then please telephone 00353 1 661 8602 or email our customer services at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- When glazing prescription sunglasses the original manufacturer's lenses will be removed to house the individual's personal prescription, therefore any manufacturer's logo imprinted on the lenses will also be removed. When ordering prescription sunglasses we will match the manufacturer's tint as closely as possible however there may be slight colour differences in tint colours which cannot be avoided.
- Orders must be cancelled within 24 hours of ordering. Our orders are processed immediately by our team and ordered in real time online through to our suppliers.
- If the order is cancelled after this 24 hour period no postage charges will be refunded as we are charged postage for goods coming from our suppliers.
- Prescription lenses are also non-refundable as they are tailor made to the customer's individual prescription.
- If the customer cancels their order we will refund the value within 30 days of the date of cancellation less any postage, packing, and any incurred administration charges. We will not be obliged to offer compensation for any indirect or consequential loss, damage or expenses
Our Prescription Lens Supply Limitations
- By law we are not allowed to supply spectacles to wearers under 16 years, nor where the patient's prescription is over 24 months old. We also cannot supply goods to registered partially sighted or blind customers either.
- Unless one of our team of qualified opticians specifically agrees with our customer by phone or email we will only supply spectacles with prescription lenses of spherical power between +6.00 and -6.00 dioptre sphere and a cylindrical power between +4.00 and -4.00 dioptres.
- We have an extensive array of prescription lens manufacturer's optical lenses to provide with our prescription lenses, however, our preferred choice is Essilor as this is a worldwide, top quality lens manufacturer. Should there be a price discrepancy for your specific prescription we will contact you first before carrying out any lens modifications for your approval or disapproval.
- We always recommend that your new prescription glasses / sunglasses are fitted professionally by a registered optician. Should you not be able to visit us for collection at our premises, then any optical practice will be able to carry out adjustments although a small fee may be charged.
- The prices displayed on our website are correct at the time of display. However we reserve the right to alter prices from time to time without notice. When we have accepted an order we will not change the price that applies to that order subject to unseen server issues and database price variations which are beyond our control at the time of ordering.
- We make every effort to maintain correct pricing but these may be subject to variations caused by factors beyond our control.
- By placing your order you confirm that you are aged 16 years or more and are legally able to purchase prescription spectacles from us from our internet website Sunglasses.ie or by telephone ordering.
- You confirm that you are not registered partially sighted or blind.
- You agree to provide any details reasonably requested by us to confirm that you are legally able to purchase prescription spectacles.
- You agree to use your correct legal name, address (cardholder's address), date of birth and to supply any other details reasonably requested.
- You confirm that you have had an eye test in the past 24 months and that you are correctly imputing the prescription information. If you are in doubt about any of the information on your personal prescription then please send us a copy of your prescription to info@Sunglasses.ie
Payment Information, Processing and Security
- We accept payment by PayPal, Visa, MasterCard, Switch, Solo, Maestro or any other credit card identified on our site. We are part of 3D secure rule bases on MasterCard and Visa transactions. Verified by Visa and MasterCard Securecode are always live during payment processing on Sunglasses.ie website for the protection of our customers and us. We take online fraud very seriously and any suspected fraudulent transactions will be reported to the relevant authorities.
- Credit and charge card payments are subject to validation and authorisation by the cardholder's issuer and we will not be liable for any non-delivery or delay if a card issuer refuses to authorise payment.
- You may also pay for goods by sending a sterling or Euro cheque to us but the goods will not be dispatched until the cheque has cleared. Bank transfers will also be accepted.
- Transmission of your debit or credit card number and other details in relation to payment are through a secure server and will never be stored by us. Our payment partners Realex Payments and Elevon Merchant Services process all payments unless PayPal is used. We cannot accept responsibility or liability for failures in transmission of information deletion, non-delivery or failure to store any communications by you.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions is to be taken to exclude or restrict rights granted to you by law in respect of goods supplied. Some goods may be the subject of additional warranties or guarantees given by their manufacturers direct to you.
- We do not accept responsibility for damage to any goods caused by you.
- We will not be liable to any person for damage or loss arising from the use of goods advertised on our site.
- Without prejudice to your statutory rights the information contained in this site is provided without warranty and in particular we do not represent or warrant that the information is accurate, complete or current or that the use of this site will be uninterrupted or error free.
- We will not be responsible for claims relating to the availability of our ecommerce engine, our website, servers, place of purchase or the success or level of sales resulting from these.
- The above exclusion of liability also apply to damage arising from personal injury or death where they result from our negligence or the negligence of our servants and agents in the course of their duty.
- We will not be liable for any discrepancy caused by yourself when submitting the pupillary distance value (PD).
- Reglazing lenses into customer's own frames are done entirely at the customer's own risk. We will not be liable for damages or loss of frames sent for reglazing .We will not be liable for any breakages occurred during the glazing process as this is also at the customer's own risk.
- All telephone, and email orders are subject to our standard terms and conditions available on our website.
- The delivery option selected online or by telephone of goods purchased through Sunglasses.ie are the sole responsibility of the customer. All delivery options are given verbally (for telephone ordering) and by means of selection via selection buttons online. Should customers choose uninsured and unsigned delivery options it is the responsibility of the customer to recover any monies lost through the appropriate delivery company which currently is An Post and Fastway Couriers. Sunglasses.ie cannot accept any liability for lost items through the postal system and hence our recommended option for all deliveries is Fastway Couriers for all Ireland orders and An Post for all overseas orders.
The Dispatch of our goods
- We will endeavour to deliver the goods to the address which you have supplied us at the time you made your purchase via our website or by telephone within 28 days.
- We will endeavour to ensure that the goods are delivered by any delivery date estimated by us but we cannot guarantee that goods will be delivered by that date. You agree that we will not be liable to you for any loss, damage or charge incurred because of the late delivery of goods or goods delivered to any alternative address other than the address specified from your initial order with Sunglasses.ie. Any alternative delivery addresses must be confirmed by writing by the customer within 24 hours from the time of ordering. For any alternative delivery addresses overseas we will send any items via Fastway Couriers or internationally through An Post signed for delivery. Any increase in costs for sending items to alternative delivery addresses are the sole responsibility of the customer. Any incorrect or incomplete addresses given to us (Sunglasses.ie) which are returned to us for any reason will incur a re-distribution charge set at our standard postal and packaging rates. We use Fastway Couriers and An Post for the delivery of our items and occasionally there are delays in the postal system.
- The risk of damage to the goods passes to you once they are delivered to the address specified in your order instructions. All goods may or may not require a signature at the recipients specified address depending on which delivery option is selected by the customer by online or telephone ordering.
Returns of Glasses, Sunglasses and Prescription Glasses
- If you are not satisfied with your goods, you should notify us by email, letter or phone as soon as you receive them and within 7 days. We will ask you to pack them securely and return them to us, at your cost and risk, in their original condition including all relevant security tags, cloths, bags, cases, guarantee cards and any enclosed literature within seven working days starting the day the goods have been received, together with your original receipt and original packing and we will refund your paid amount. Return postage costs will not be refunded.
- We are unable to refund cost of prescription lenses as these are a personal custom made item to your individual prescription. You should contact us immediately after receipt of any prescription lenses if you find any viewing difficulties when looking through the glasses and we advise without exception not to drive or use any appliances which could cause harm to you or others if you are experiencing any viewing difficulties with your new glasses. In addition we would ask that you contact us immediately to discuss this with one of our qualified team of optometrists or opticians who will help and advise you further to the best of our professional ability with the prescription details you supplied to us and have been manufactured in good faith to your specifications.
- Please Note: please contact our returns department by email at email@example.com or contact by phone on 00353 1 661 8602 with a complete description of your problem & also your order number. You should send your Proof of Return to us by separate mail. Any damage or discrepancy with the goods supplied must be notified to us in writing and if necessary digital photographic evidence should be sent to us immediately and within 24 hours upon receipt of the goods. Your statutory rights are not affected. We endeavour to respond to any complaints made with 7 working days.
- Cancellation of Purchase: We reserve the right to cancel your purchase from us if:
- We have insufficient stock to deliver the goods you have ordered.
- We do not deliver to your area.
- One or more of the goods you have ordered was listed at an incorrect price due to a typographical error or an error in the pricing information received by us from our suppliers. We will ask you if you still want the product at the correct price. If we cancel your purchase we will notify you by email and will refund you within 30 days of the original order date. We will not be obliged to offer any additional compensation for disappointment suffered, or any indirect or consequential loss, damage or expenses (including loss of profits, business or goodwill).
- Our packaging department at Sunglasses.ie individually checks goods to confirm that they are in first-class condition and dispatches them by our chosen method of delivery. To ensure safe delivery we package the goods in protected strengthened Jiffy packing/Card Packaging.
- For orders returned to us where the frames or sunglasses are not suitable (including our try at home service) which do not have any tailor made extras such as prescription lenses, the refund value will be the original amount paid. This applies to all goods supplied including where free delivery of the outgoing order from us were supplied.
Our service of reglazing customer's own frames are subject to the following terms:
- Customer's own frames are reglazed entirely at the customer's own risk. Frames over 2 years old carry a greater risk of breaking especially if they are of a plastic or optyl variety. Sunglasses.ie takes no liability should a customer's own frame break when springing in new lenses or taking out old lenses or any damage to the customer's own lenses when removing them from the customer's own frame.
- Should a frame be unsuitable or carry a high risk of breaking then we will inform you before any works are carried out, we reserve the right not to reglaze a frame should we deem it unsuitable.
- Our price match policy is subject to our discretion. We aim to price match any like for like goods to include optical frames, sunglasses and lenses. Due to the amount of non-authentic frames and sunglasses readily available on the black market and internet we will not price match any non-authentic frames or lenses.
- Frames and lenses to be price matched will have to be from the same suppliers that Sunglasses.ie uses to ensure like for like items matched.
- We regret that price match requests from customers cannot be honoured should the price match submitted cause any subsequent losses to Sunglasses.ie.
- We regret that any discontinued items (frames or sunglasses) cannot be price matched as we do not supply discontinued stock.
- We reserve the right not to honour any price match guarantee.
- Gift Cards and eVouchers are valid until such time they are redeemed.
- Your eVoucher will be emailed as a PDF attachment with a unique code to be used online to the email address provided. If you choose to redeem your gift voucher in store, please print your voucher and show this to a member of our staff in store.
- Gift Cards and eVouchers are the sole responsibility of the holder. Designer Sunglasses does not accept responsibility for vouchers that are lost or mislaid.
- All Gift Cards and eVouchers should be treated like cash as lost or stolen vouchers cannot be replaced.
- Gift Cards and eVouchers may be used for more than one transaction. Cash refunds are not permitted.
- Gift Cards and eVouchers are not redeemable for cash and are not replaceable if destroyed or expired.
- The total value of your Gift Cards and eVouchers purchase will be debited from your card at time of purchase.
- Gift Cards and eVouchers are non-transferable and may not be resold or bartered.
- Designer Eyewear Limited reserves the right to alter, change and/or add to the terms and conditions of this Gift Card and eVoucher at any time without notifying the holder.
- Except as otherwise provided by applicable law, these Terms & Conditions shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of Ireland and any dispute arising out of or in connection with this contract and these Terms & Conditions shall be subject to the jurisdiction of the Irish Courts.
General Terms and Conditions
- Notices served under these terms and conditions must be in writing and will be deemed to be given when personally delivered, or 3 days after being sent by registered mail to the address set out in our Invoice.
- Any failure by us to enforce any of these terms and conditions will not affect our right to enforce the rest of those terms and conditions.
- These terms and conditions may be subject to change at any time without prior notice to you, your affiliates, partners, companies or of any relationship to you.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with Irish Law.
- These terms and conditions are the copyright of Sunglasses.ie and all of its affiliates and partners. Any reproduction or copyright issues of our websites, content, articles, images, blogs, forums, logos, company names or use of our domain names within any search engines or used for any search engine optimisation purposes, blogs, ad words, AdSense, forums or other advertising media without our consent is strictly prohibited.
- By agreeing to our terms and conditions you (the customer) are entering into a legally binding contract with us Sunglasses.ie, the contract will only be formed between us and the customer when the goods are dispatched. All telephone, postal or email orders are subject to our terms and conditions and you will be asked to refer to these when making your order this way. By agreeing with us by any of the above ordering means you are entering a legally binding contract with us with the above terms and conditions to which you (the customer) agree with.